Thursday, July 18, 2019

Life's Been Good: what one wishes?

"Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh (Duration - 8:56 min.)
Satirical classic rock song with a type of insightfulness; comedically shrewd cultural commentary that shows a value beyond entertainment. It may in fact be a lifestyle anthem that wisely sums up what some righteously do NOT wish for.

A cut from the 1978 album: "But Seriously, Folks..."


MEDIA CREDIT: Youtube.com

Song lyrics for "Life's Been Good:"

I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all

They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far

My Maserati does one-eighty-five
I lost my license, now I don't drive
I have a limo, ride in the back
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked

I make hit records, my fans they can't wait
They write me letters, tell me I'm great
So I got me an office, gold records on the wall
Just leave a message, maybe I'll call

Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through...
I can't complain but sometimes I still do
Life's been good to me so far

I go to parties, sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door
It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
Everybody's so different, I haven't changed

They say I'm lazy but it takes all my time...
I keep on going, guess I'll never know why
Life's been good to me so far
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Source: AZLyrics.com


ON TOPIC:
Joe Walsh (Clown Prince of Rock, Average Joe, 1947- )


..

GIVE ME A MOMENT a lifestyle
Subscribe FREE (see: upper right column) for new posts. Reader-referred topics are welcomed and considered. Comments here are disabled. Readers may contact the blogger by email: givemeamomentblog@gmail.com


Post No. 295

..